English Poetry

Poetry needs to be read out loud to be fully appreciated. Poetry for those wanting to hear their voices reading out beautiful words..

Thursday, May 21, 2009


Blues
Maggi Carstairs

Blues



I saw the tulip sitting on the table
You had not even opened it
You did not care......it did not matter
Jenny saw the tulip...


....................................................................

I sent you a blue tulip
Because I was blue
You left it on the table
As you went in and through.

The others saw it sitting there,
And laughed because they knew
That I was yearning for your love
And feeling very blue.

Then Jenny saw the Tulip
And caressed it with a smile
She put it in some water
For a long and tender while

The tulip picked its head up
And raised its beautiful head
But all I saw was jenny's smile
And tomorrow we will wed

Marguerite Carstairs 2006

Labels: ,