English Poetry

Poetry needs to be read out loud to be fully appreciated. Poetry for those wanting to hear their voices reading out beautiful words..

Thursday, May 21, 2009


Work in Progress



I've acquired the knowledge
Of someone twice my age
I speak with an urban intelligence
A sort of inspired slang
You try to look away
but my words captivate
off the rip
I may not be as deep
as you like it
but you'll damn sure feel it
because my rhetoric
is poignant
and so seductive
Word & Music
are so powerful
So how strong it must make me
to be given the gift of expressing both
Poetry
is just a manifestation of my thoughts
and I damn sure tell it like it is
Stories
filled with much drama
and plot twists
and the sex is as real as it gets
My Songs
are filled with every fiber of my being
you can't get more emotional
they articulate everything
I'm growing to be
I've acquired the ability
to strike your soul
My words'll make you lose control
So keep reading
'cuz as you can see
I'm just getting started
And you've fallen in love
with just a few lines
I gotchu cold jonesin'
So with these skills
that I naturally possess
You've just witnessed
the makings
of a true artist
Do stay tuned
Things are far from done
And it ain't over
This is just a work in progress

Labels: ,